HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Have to sell my new Accura V2 unfortunately

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smong2000

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-02-22

PostSubject: Have to sell my new Accura V2 unfortunately   November 11th 2014, 3:17 pm

Well, I just posted it here anyway.  It shoots great, looks great and is an excellent rifle but the stock just won't work for me.  I am short armed and hunt with a pack on most of the time so the configuration makes it hard for me to shoulder and get a good sight picture.  Hoped the stock could be replaced but it can't so here she goes.  I do OK with my Omega and better with my MR so have the bases covered anyway.  Should make someone very happy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha8D

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-11-12

PostSubject: Whack a bit off the stock!   November 12th 2014, 6:19 pm

I'm a little short on one end and deer hunt sitting in the same blind I've used since 1980 so I too have a problem with standard length stocks.
Whacking a little off the butt stock on these newer non-wood stocks is really fairly do-able and with care you cant tell they've been shortened unless you measure the pull.

Remove butt plate.

Use bandsaw and fence or make up a slide for table saw and fasten stock down to SLOWLY make the cut nice and clean and parallel to original end.

Remove material where screws come through butt plate and/or where screws enter stock to eliminate any interference at the mating surfaces of stock and pad.

Reinstall buttplate.

That's it.

ps. Most of my guns are tweaked a bit to meet MY needs, 
I don't care about resale value as muzzle loading technology andvances so quickly they become obsolete by the time I've moved on anyway.

I also remove ram rod ferrules because they hang up on the edge of my blind where I steady my gun for what's dang near a bench rest set up.

Good luck,
Alpha8D
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Have to sell my new Accura V2 unfortunately
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: