Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5192
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix   December 6th 2014, 9:43 am

Remington has agreed to fix or replace the trigger in almost all of their bolt action rifles.
(I like my 700, 7, and XP-100 triggers just fine the way they are.)  Shooter

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102236497

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14483
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix   December 6th 2014, 10:04 am

I always was told it was due to folks adjusting their triggers way to much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9491
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix   December 6th 2014, 11:17 am

I've only owned one Rem 700, and when I first got it I gave it to my gunsmith to go through the trigger. He specialized in Rem 700's, and knew them well. I asked him to set the trigger at 2lbs, and he wouldn't do it. He told me he never sets the triggers lighter than 3lbs, and anything lighter wasn't safe. I shot the gun a lot, and hunted it a few times. It always worked perfect.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5192
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix   December 6th 2014, 1:32 pm

It's easy to adjust the poundage on a 700's trigger if you know what you're doing. I don't.

My gunsmith (now dead) would set mine at a shade over 2 lbs. but most commercial guys won't, due to the possibility of a lawsuit.

Their sniper rifles could be ordered with a 2 ounce trigger. I don't know if that's still possible.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
org57

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix   December 6th 2014, 2:45 pm

I purchased a new 700/7MM with the X-Mark Pro trigger. I also bought the 700 in the 30-06 cal. I received the recall  a week after I bought them. I sent them to Remington and waited 5 weeks. I called them and they said they had 7 million rifles to work on. They told me they were going to remove the additive then they said it was more cost effective to just replace the trigger with a new one. When I got my guns back I replaced them with the TIMNEY trigger, just to be safe. I still have confidence in the rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix   

Back to top Go down

Remington rifle settlement - trigger fix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: