Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Anyone have this gun   January 1st 2015, 9:48 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregK

Male Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 1st 2015, 11:18 am

I've had 2 of the Impacts & still have one. They are good rifles & good shooters for the price. but be warned TC's customer service is CRAP.......should you have a problem. For that reason alone I would recommend looking at the CVA Optima V2 if you are price shopping for a good shooter, if price is not an issue, then I would step up to the CVA Accura MR. Hope this helps, Greg

McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML
LUEPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R CDS, FIRE DOT, WIND PLEX

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
LEUPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R 30mm WIND PLEX CDS FIREDOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaconda44

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 1st 2015, 2:02 pm

GregK wrote:
I've had 2 of the Impacts & still have one. They are good rifles & good shooters for the price. but be warned TC's customer service is CRAP.......should you have a problem. For that reason alone I would recommend looking at the CVA Optima V2 if you are price shopping for a good shooter, if price is not an issue, then I would step up to the CVA Accura MR. Hope this helps, Greg

Greg may have had bad support from tc. but I never had any luck with cva either. I would email both a email and see who answers you first. my best is you will never hear from cva via email.
 I never have. but if you do buy a cva I believe if you contact one of the moderators here they have a go to guy that they can contact for you.

you might find that gun cheaper somewhere else online line try. http://www.muzzle-loaders.com/muzzleloader-rifles.php I really like tc muzzleloader but I don't think there low end impact is a good value. you might consider at least a cva optima v2. to bad you don't live in ne Ohio area we have fin feather and fur outfitters and they are cheaper than any online store. but they don't do online or through  the mail sales. they had the cva optima black stock stainless on sale for 229.00 and the basic stainless acurra for359.00 way cheaper than anyone I have see advertise online for. they weren't in the adds they put out but in store only.
I got my tc pro hunter fx camo for 579.00 with tax out the door and they give you 2 free packs of bullets. there black stock version was 529.00
shop around better to get a deal on a better featured rifle and save money for a good scope.

BigDaddy

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 1st 2015, 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, I tried to sway him to get a CVA, but for some reason he likes this one. He used my Acurra this year to take his first ever deer. He loved the gun, so I just figured he would go with CVA. I just got back from Cabelas, and they didn't have squat for muzzleloaders. I did ring the Impact at Fleetfarm for $239, but it didn't have a scope, and the one at Cabelas does. We can't use a scope in Minnesota during muzzleloader season, but he said he would take the scope off, and put it on one of his shotguns, and wants to get the Williams Peep Sight to put on the muzzleloader. But the ones I found for TC don't have the Impact listed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregK

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 1st 2015, 4:30 pm

anaconda44 wrote:
GregK wrote:

Greg may have had bad support from tc. but I never had any luck with cva either. I would email both a email and see who answers you first. my best is you will never hear from cva via email.
 I never have. but if you do buy a cva I believe if you contact one of the moderators here they have a go to guy that they can contact for you.

you might find that gun cheaper somewhere else online line try. http://www.muzzle-loaders.com/muzzleloader-rifles.php I really like tc muzzleloader but I don't think there low end impact is a good value. you might consider at least a cva optima v2. to bad you don't live in ne Ohio area we have fin feather and fur outfitters and they are cheaper than any online store. but they don't do online or through  the mail sales. they had the cva optima black stock stainless on sale for 229.00 and the basic stainless acurra for359.00 way cheaper than anyone I have see advertise online for. they weren't in the adds they put out but in store only.
I got my tc pro hunter fx camo for 579.00 with tax out the door and they give you 2 free packs of bullets. there black stock version was 529.00
shop around better to get a deal on a better featured rifle and save money for a good scope.

I would suggest NOT trying the email & see who responds first thing.. That is no reason to buy a gun from anyone. EVER!
You will find that if you need service from any company (& yes this includes Knight.....been there done that) you will always do better making a phone call & yes it helps to know who to talk to. If I have an issue or a question that I can't figure out myself, I call Mark at CVA.......never an issue

As for the service being bad at TC, I'm not talking about unreturned emails, i'm talking about guns being sent in & not returned or repaired for months, people calling them to get parts for their guns & they never get shipped! These things happen even with repeated phone calls & empty promises.

If he likes your CVA & it fits him well have him get a price from Carlos at Ed's Gun Shop 910-692-7936. His price will be better & his service will be outstanding, plus if you ever have an issue Carlos will get you taken care of. PERIOD!

McRem 40cal SML

2600 ft/s

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anaconda44

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 1st 2015, 5:28 pm

GregK wrote:
anaconda44 wrote:
GregK wrote:

I would suggest NOT trying the email & see who responds first thing.. That is no reason to buy a gun from anyone. EVER!
You will find that if you need service from any company (& yes this includes Knight.....been there done that) you will always do better making a phone call & yes it helps to know who to talk to. If I have an issue or a question that I can't figure out myself, I call Mark at CVA.......never an issue

As for the service being bad at TC, I'm not talking about unreturned emails, i'm talking about guns being sent in & not returned or repaired for months, people calling them to get parts for their guns & they never get shipped! These things happen even with repeated phone calls & empty promises.

If he likes your CVA & it fits him well have him get a price from Carlos at Ed's Gun Shop 910-692-7936. His price will be better & his service will be outstanding, plus if you ever have an issue Carlos will get you taken care of. PERIOD!

No offense intended. but as you say here

As for the service being bad at TC, I'm not talking about unreturned emails, i'm talking about guns being sent in & not returned or repaired for months, people calling them to get parts for their guns & they never get shipped! These things happen even with repeated phone calls & empty promises

guess what!  what you said here is my exact experience with cva to the exact word. but my experience with tc was also the opposite of yours

a comment from one of my earlier posts I had a broken part on a flintlock just a sear. I called tc and told them what I needed. the guy said ok what's you address ect. he would check on it for me. and he would contact me. well to my surprise 5 days later they had just sent me a whole new lock assembly. but that was about 6 years or so ago

This is a post I made earlier on my cva experience  I had bought a cva Electra

I had bought a cva electra along with 2 of my other hunting buddy's at the same time. 219.00 and a 100.00 rebate couldn't pass on that. we went to the range to try there's worked mine did not. no spark.
so  we switched batteries nothing. used one of there breech plug it worked. so I called cva and told them what was going on. they made me return the whole gun. so I did. sent it with sig. conformation and tracking. waited 7 business days and called the to see when they might get to it. they didn't know where it was in the shop or building. they had no tracking procedure's  for there returns or if they were looked at of fixed yet. so he said call back in 10 days I did , he didn't know anything about what was going on ect. so he was supposed to check on it again. never heard anything back. called again after 10 more days. nothing. now I am am thinking I made a big mistake buying a cva. this went on till a total  time of 15 weeks. I called back and commented on how I thought the whole process they had/didn't have on tracking and contacting customer's and I wasn't very pleased with the run around, all times I ask for the same person. that's when he said he was sorry and he felt bad about it
and told me for some reason he couldn't really say ./ no staff in the repair shop for over 30days. cutbacks.
I was pretty upset but kept that to myself. he said he would personally take care of it. I said ok but I need to know for sure with in a week. I didn't want to get the run around again. he promised. if I didn't hear back in 7 business days call a number he had given me.. I must say I was so mad after I hung up the phone I was ready to tell everyone I had seen who was looking for a muzzle loader to don't even think about buying a cva.

they did take care of it. but no way in heck in my experience would I even say there any better then Thompson center. they were way worse for me. I know they all have issues.
so I can say there now better than tc  for sure. if I was to buy another cva. and I am thinking of the acurra. I would ask in this forum before I even contacted anyone at cva. for sure.
both make good guns and it looks like they both stink most of the time at customer service.

also if they don't answer the support forums it does give you some insight into how dedicated they are to there product line. it should cause concern
I have sent 3 emails in the last 2 month never heard back at all. so either they don't check it like they should or they don't care and ignore it.

GregK

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 2nd 2015, 3:13 pm

Anaconda.

When TC was TC & not owned by S&W their customer service was the very best in the business. It took a fast turn for the worse at that point, but S&W doesn't really care about muzzleloaders & they have already dropped some of the TC line. ( If I remember correctly they stopped production of all sidelocks & at least the Omega. The rumor is that at some point they will stop making smokepoles altogether.

If you haven't dealt with them for 5 or 6 years then you're opinion of them may now be inaccurate. I don't know how long it's been since you dealt with CVA, but if you're having issues I can put you in touch with the right people.

From my experience & what I've heard from others CVA is doing much better, but then again I talk with or send them to Mark Hendricks......but only after I talk with Carlos first. I only would deal directly with CVA if it was a warranty issue.

Knight Rifles can be a nightmare too & most if not all of these companies have secretaries answering the phones & emails & not having a clue what people are talking about or who should receive that information.

As I said before, if someone buys a CVA from Carlos there WON'T be any issues......PERIOD

He asked for the "good & bad" on the Impact & as an Impact owner that is just what I gave him along with some better advice. If TC is your gun of choice, more power to you. It's just not mine......not anymore.

McRem 40cal SML

2600 ft/s

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3701
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   January 2nd 2015, 3:51 pm

Believe me, Greg is not trying to blow smoke here. Carlos has helped many, many members here including me and has never steered anyone wrong. He knows his business and then some. For as long as I've been knowing him and the time I've been on this forum, he's never hurt anyone. 
As far as CVA Customer service goes.........I had a crack in a weld and they sent me a new rifle. I just contacted a young man the by the name of Dakota and explained that my MR has a little chipping around the muzzle and breech area. He told me to send it in along with the work sheet he made out for me and CVA will send me a new MR with the nitride barrel. I received the work sheet from him and soon I'll have a new MR. No questions asked. Can't ask for anything more then that.

Ray........... :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have this gun   

Back to top Go down

Anyone have this gun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum