Share | 

CVA Wolf Loads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 6:04 am

Bought a used Wolf ,though I have to agree with the seller that it wasn't shot much, does anybody have a pet load using about 100 gr of BH 209 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 7:48 am

You going to hunt for pets?

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clyde

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 7:54 am

Nah how about 110-140 lb whitetail thats about average for a Del. deer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 8:07 am

To be serious. Even someones pet load may not shoot as well in your gun. I'm sure you know that.

I usually pick a bullet that I want to shoot, and then try to get it to work with different powder loads. Did you want to shoot conicals, or sabots?

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clyde

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 8:21 am

Yeah I know both ml and shotguns are all very finicky about which sabotted load they like, I think its due to how the rifling accepts each type of plastic sabot and diameter.  I'm leaning to a bullet in the 275-325 range.  Possibly some lehigh's .  I just trying to get a feel if the guys with these have a tighter bore 500-501 or a loose bore 502-504 that would make a big difference on the sabot I'd order possibly more so than the bullet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 8:31 am

The Wolf I just sold had a pretty tight bore. It shot the 250g T-EZ really good. That would be an excellent bullet for any deer. Hell, it would work fine for elk too which is what I was going to use it for.

Lots of guys love the Lehigh, but they all shoot them in Accura's, or other brands. No reason to think they won't work in a Wolf too.

To shoot a real bargain in a bullet. It's hard to beat the PT Gold. Great bullet for deer in 260gr or 300gr.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14527
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 10:32 am

easily the best load out of my cva wolf - 100gr blackhorn209, cci 209 mag primers and the 250gr powerbelt aerolite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   January 10th 2015, 11:49 am

Clyde wrote:
Bought a used Wolf ,though I have to agree with the seller that it wasn't shot much, does anybody have a pet load using about 100 gr of BH 209 ?

That ML will shoot an abundance of sabots pretty well. If sabots are tight in your bore, purchase the Harvester crushed ribbed sabots. If using a boattail design bullet, be sure to include Harvester's yellow boattail sabot.

You purchased a budget-friendly ML. I suppose you want to keep the bullet budget-friendly too? In that case, Harvester PT Golds and Hornady SSTs/XTPs have good track records for harvesting deer. Lastly, make sure your Wolf is wearing the proper breechplug for BH 209 and a hot primer like Federal 209A or CCI Mags.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVA Wolf Loads   

Back to top Go down

CVA Wolf Loads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: