Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Hawken #6 build

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16318
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Hawken #6 build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawken #6 build   Hawken #6 build - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 26th 2015, 2:55 pm

Shes pretty much 98% complete! I am waiting for the rear sight to arrive and the tang to finish browning.

Just a glimpse of the wood grain. I really like that black knot in the wood! Its small and simple but it really is neat when wood have knots and such in it, just makes it different.
Hawken #6 build - Page 2 Img_4612
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hawken #6 build   Hawken #6 build - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 26th 2015, 3:30 pm

Sort of like a small mole on a beautiful actress. It gives the look some character. Smile
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3774
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hawken #6 build   Hawken #6 build - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 26th 2015, 5:21 pm

A knot will certainly add eye-grabbing character to a piece of wood!  I have a custom-made self-bow from my good friend master-bowyer which has a knot in it.  Doesn't look like it would shoot a wooden arrow worth a darn...but it shoots fantastic.
Back to top Go down

Hawken #6 build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: