Share | 

A new Knife

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lobo 1

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2014-12-22

PostSubject: A new Knife   March 8th 2015, 7:31 pm

This is an old style knife made with modern steel. It is 9" long with a 5" blade made of 1095 high-carbon steel. I call it the "Coureur de bois, french for Runner of the Woods
The sheath can be worn several different ways. The flap/frog on the front of the sheath slips over a belt, sash or garter, also outside a boot to hold the knife from slipping through. The sheath also has a longer than average 4.5" belt strap on the back side which allows the knife to to carried vertical in a high or low fashion on the strong side OR slanted on the opposite side in a crossdraw carry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FiremanBrad

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A new Knife   March 8th 2015, 9:46 pm

Very nice!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lobo 1

PostSubject: Re: A new Knife   March 10th 2015, 6:39 am

A clearer picture

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: A new Knife   March 10th 2015, 10:57 am

Nice knife..beside rifles i love knives...I been looking at some nice damascus knives ..I have one now but its not a custom..but once you get an edge on it ..its like a razor....I bought some honing stones years ago from Japan...they are finishing stones...the finest is 1500 grit..thats the razor edge stone...

there is one knife I am looking at ...its 450 layer steel...with camel bone handle...its so nice...its more of a skinner..they dont give them away..lol....

I like the one your showing now here...is that a carbon steel blade or a SS blade..looks carbon...boy do they edge up nice...split hairs with it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lobo 1

PostSubject: Re: A new Knife   March 10th 2015, 12:43 pm

It is 9" long with a 5" blade made of 1095 high-carbon steel. I call it the "Coureur de bois, french for Runner of the Woods
The sheath can be worn several different ways. The flap/frog on the front of the sheath slips over a belt, sash or garter, also outside a boot to hold the knife from slipping through. The sheath also has a longer than average 4.5" belt strap on the back side which allows the knife to to carried vertical in a high or low fashion on the strong side OR slanted on the opposite side in a crossdraw carry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huntin_Dawg1215

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: A new Knife   March 10th 2015, 6:59 pm

Very nice knife, I am begin to carry a small fix blade knife more for some reason. They appeal to me more as I get smarter I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new Knife   

Back to top Go down

A new Knife
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: