Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used. Empty
PostSubject: Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.   Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used. Empty2015-03-10, 14:59

I installed sling studs and a sling on the Bobcat and then loaded it with 40 grs. of 2FG and a .490 PRB. The ramrod wouldn't seat due to interference from the screw and nut in the front sling stud. I got out the Dremel and a heatless stone and ground it down and polished it. Then I cold-blued it and coated it with RIG.

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used. .50%20CVA%20Bobcat-web_zpssso3w4hg

I shot the load twice from 40 yards while standing and leaning against a tree. It produced no felt recoil even though I only had on a T-shirt.

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used. .50%20Bobcat-40%20yds.-web_zpswcf1r0pc

The shots were very low but grouped together. I'm going to try 40 gr. of 3FG then move up to 45 grs. and finally 50 grs. of 2FG.
I will stop if it kicks at all because I don't want it to punish my granddaughter. She didn't like the recoil of a single-shot .410 with five 000 buckshot.
If it doesn't print higher, I'll shorten the front sight.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.   Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used. Empty2015-03-10, 15:32

Perfect rifle for your granddaughter.  It will be a proud moment for you when she bags that first deer with a muzzleloader!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down

Granddaughter's .50 Bobcat finally got used.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: