HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dbowling

Male Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 10:38 am

Shot this group with a T/C Hawken .40 with a brand new unfired GMB, no load development at all just adjusted rear sight to about where I thought it should be close and fired 5 shots at 37 yds standing leaning my hand against my outdoor wood boiler... 1st shot on clean barrel was low about 2 in., next 3 were cutting center diamond at less then a inch, the 5th shot I hurried and pulled the shot as I thought my neighbor was getting ready to walk over and shoot the bull.... Im impressed with this barrel and its intial grouping, if it stays this accurate alot of squirrels and coyotes are going to be in big trouble this next season... might have to try it on a few groundhogs also...
The load was 40 gr. Goex 3f, ox-yoke .015 pre-lubed patch and hornady .395 roundball...
 I just recieved the gun yesterday, purchased it from Carlos here in the classifieds.. thanks Carlos.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cowboys1062

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-02-15

PostSubject: Looks Gooood!   April 2nd 2015, 10:57 am

Nice shooting Carlos! Now put some meat on the table with her! cowboys1062.  Shooter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14788
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 11:20 am

Nice!! Got to love that the first time out with a new rifle!

How do you like that stock?

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 12:09 pm

thats great shooting for first time out with it...Now did you ever think you would get a rifle from Carlos that did not shoot..lol....and yes the stock work was real nice...thats a keeper rifle..I love small bore muzzle loaders...I hope you have years of fun with it....now get some tree rats with it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbowling

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 4:05 pm

@cowboys1062 wrote:
Nice shooting Carlos! Now put some meat on the table with her! cowboys1062.  Shooter

guess I should of worded that different my name is Dean, I was telling Carlos thanks for selling me the gun..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbowling

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 4:08 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
Nice!! Got to love that the first time out with a  new rifle!

How do you like that stock?

Jon,
Stock looks really nice, good job on it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbowling

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 4:12 pm

@Al-53 wrote:
thats great shooting for first time out with it...Now did you ever think you would get a rifle from Carlos that did not shoot..lol....and yes the stock work was real nice...thats a keeper rifle..I love small bore muzzle loaders...I hope you have years of fun with it....now get some tree rats with it..

Al,
I fully intend to, used to squirrel hunt with a Hopkins Allen .36 underhammer that was deadly accurate but sold it to a friend that bugged me to death for it on the condition that I could buy it back if he ever got rid of it, well he got hard up for money and didnt tell me and sold it... so for the last few years Ive been hunting them with a RWS 48 .22 air rifle, be good to get back to hunting with a smokepole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cvilorio
FML's
FML's

Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 2nd 2015, 7:34 pm

Dean you are more than welcome, and I know it has a good home. Enjoy it and get a few rats with it.
Carlos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3700
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   April 3rd 2015, 7:52 am

Really good shootin' Dean Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Hope you have lots of fun with it. 

Ray.......... :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel   

Back to top Go down

T/C Hawken .40 with brand new GMB barrel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum