Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Howdy for Northeast Oregon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
olehunter

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   April 24th 2015, 7:25 pm

Been lurking he for a few weeks ,Found this site threw you tube vids watching anything and every thing CVA ,New to Muzzle loaders but not gun stuff or hunting ,,Made the decision to buy a muzzle loader when the place I  Elk hunt on has good access for my disability's for hunting ,,Last year I called in 9 bulls for my Wife during archery season ,,We are meat hunters not the Trophy type that many have become ,,The muzzle loader will give us the chance for one antlerless elk ,,cant eat them horns ,,, Name is Robert ,Ole is name of a old salmon poacher that I knew back in 78 ,,great guy the Indians hated him on the Columbia River near Mosier Oregon ,, I worked there never lived there and wasn't involved in  any illegal activates With Ole or his wife ,,Well had Dinner with them couple time maybe ,,Salmon steak if I remember ,,
 Yes I did just today get my new CVA Accura V2 northwest addition plus the deluxe cleaning kit ,,Gonna try ,HOG Trip 7 2f  TC Maxi-hunter 275 gr 50 cal ,gonna start at 90 gr of power ,,I did pickup a scope mount and installed it for ,,,LEARING PURPOSE'S ONLY ,, .
  I fig it will help me to learn with what iam used to then pull the scope and go with a Williams peep site ,,  Can someone give me the part number to it please ,, see a bunch of them ,they don't say they will fit ,,Ok I have just more words on this post than all day ,,Thanks for all the help from reading the threads ,,You guys have been great ,,
thank you Robert ,,, Ole Hunter ,,Great guy from Arkansas,,, Would put in 3 different kinds of chew-n tobacco ,,, and talk all day ,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregK

Male Number of posts : 3049
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   April 24th 2015, 7:40 pm

Welcome to the forum Robert.  While I can't answer your specific needs someone with the proper knowledge soon will & my guess is that it will be Jon (Frontier Gander) the admin of the site. 

Greg

McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML
LUEPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R CDS, FIRE DOT, WIND PLEX

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
LEUPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R 30mm WIND PLEX CDS FIREDOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10158
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   April 24th 2015, 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Here's the inexpensive Williams peep. I've owned it, and it works good. Bolts right onto the rear scope holes. More options if you don't like this one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/715669/williams-wgrs-cva-guide-receiver-peep-sight-cva-rifles-with-round-barrel-and-winchester-x-150-muzzleloaders-aluminum-black

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
olehunter

PostSubject: Re: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   April 24th 2015, 9:06 pm

Thank you ,, I seen that one and thought it was it but just wasn't sure ,,Iam gonna play with the gun with a Nikon scope on it for a awhile just getting used to it ,,Gosh and cant remember how long ago I shot with open sights ,,that will take some getting used to ,,But the gun does feel good while having it shouldered up ,,,Thank you Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15685
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   April 24th 2015, 10:34 pm

I'd go with the Williams peep or the Truglo ghost ring sights. They both come with a screw assortment for different brand muzzle loaders.

You'll enjoy that V2! They are a damn solid rifle.

Welcome to the forum as well!

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
olehunter

PostSubject: Re: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   April 24th 2015, 11:51 pm

Thank you Just did a search and like the ghost rings ,,Any advantage this 50 + man can,, get,, I will take it .I do have a pretty awesome wife that lets me buy stuff like that, Hey its for hunting ,,will be her reply ,,She bought me a new bow the last 2 years and I still get arrows stuck in the side of the shop,from missing the target ,,She's a great shot with a bow 50 yards 5 arrows in a paper plate ,,look out elk ,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy for Northeast Oregon   

Back to top Go down

Howdy for Northeast Oregon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading! :: Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading-
Jump to: