Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15584
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 6th 2015, 9:23 pm

This lube was designed for shooting patches for Traditional Round Ball Shooters, but it is safe to be used in ALL firearms, Inside and Out for Lubrication & Rust Protection.

History:
In 2014, after years and years of fighting rust, I set out to develop my own recipe for a great performing patch lube that #1, keeps Rust Out of my rifles bore and to keep the fouling soft no matter what powder I am using. After many many months of research, developing and testing, Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube was born!

For years, I had always used the typical minty smelling yellow patch lube that our local stores had stock. Big name brand product, saying that we could shoot a 1000 shots without wiping out the bore! Harder to load? Add more lube! Yes, we all at some time have bought into that product.

One year, I was out elk hunting in a light snow storm. Mostly wind blown snow, and having loaded up a .54cal CVA Mountain Rifle with 80gr Pyrodex RS, .015" patch lubed with the commercial yellow lube, after 4 hours of hunting, I ran a dry patch down the bore once I got home, and pulled out the nastiest, orange/red rust from the bore. 4 hours!

I will not even mention the poor results from using that yellow lube as a " rust preventative" after cleaning with warm soapy water. Most pitting in one rifle was mainly caused after cleaning and "protecting".

As the years went by, rust, pitting and broken ramrods were a normal thing in some of my rifles due to this yellow product. What really made me develop Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube, was the fact, that I was flat out tired of coming home from hunting for the day, only to run a dry patch down the bore and pull out orange rust! Just from ONE 6-8 hour day of hunting, my bore was already rusting up with that yellow lube product.

After doing tons of testing, developing and actual weather testing, my Anti-Rust & Patch Lube has beat every other product out on the market. I can now hunt for a week or more in nasty weather without that gut sick feeling that my bore is rusting. When I wipe a thin coating on the external surfaces, still today, It amazes me how my product dried to a velvet soft feel and looks as if there is nothing on the metal! It's also nice to have a lube that does not turn to a liquid state when the sun breaks out from behind the clouds.

Benefits of using Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube!

The biggest benefit you WILL notice when using our Anti-Rust & Patch Lube is that it is everything we say it is. It stops rust in its tracks without any harmful chemicals or smells. It is very easy to apply. Black powder fouling is softened greatly without the need of a runny lube.

I know ordering a "new" patch lube can be scary at times as you've probably lived through the muzzleloading empire years and have been burned before by the new and better lubes they come out with.

One huge benefit is the fact that there is NO OTHER LUBE on the market like ours! Our lube does NOT use anything like the typical beeswax, paraffin wax, mineral oil based lubes. We do not even use Animal fat in our lube! It is truly a remarkable lube that has no expiration date!

Our products are made in the great state of Colorado

I have family members that work for the local PD, SP & Correctional facilities. I trust my product with my life and my family members lives. You to can trust it when you treat you firearms with a product made by Frontier!

NO Petroleum products

Cleans up with Hot soapy water and does NOT build up in the bore over time.

Can be used inside and out of firearms. We use it in our AK's and AR15.

Black Powder Revolver shooters will love it as it keeps that hard crusty fouling from forming at the throat of the cylinders.

Keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Lube starts to soften roughly around 90-100 degrees.

Do not get this lubed confused with the other current "Yellow" color lubes! This is a high quality product, not that Crisco/Chapstick based junk we are used to seeing on the store shelf.

Compressing or rubbing turns lube into a liquid form that will wipe the bore down between shots.

How Many Shots can I shoot before I have to clean my barrel?
I'm not going to make silly claims about shooting 50-1000 shots without cleaning, because that is just not possible with any  Patch Lube. It all depends on the rifle, powder type, ball/patch tightness in the bore, etc, to find the right ball/patch/grease combination to work for you and your rifle.

NO ONE on the market uses the ingredients that I use, simply due to the cost of the materials used in my product.
Our lube is now made inside of a double boiler to lightly heat the oils and bring them together rather than mix while they are cold. Once all ingredients are mixed together, its then poured into the jars and allowed to cool over night before each jar is hand mixed for the final process.
This 4 shot group from 100 yards with a CVA Hawken .58cal is truly mind blowing!
After THREE + Months!

After the Anti Rust & Patch Lube sets up over night, the shooter can dump his or her Powder Charge right down the bore without having the swab our product out first!

Last edited by FrontierGander on July 15th 2018, 11:23 am; edited 70 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 7th 2015, 7:36 am

Jonathan,

PM sent Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Ray

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 18th 2015, 8:56 am

I ordered some, not so much for black powder firearms, but for the possibility that it might grow hair on my head. Smile 
Go ahead and make fun of me, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 18th 2015, 9:25 am

Ron, let me know if it works!  Jon has done a great job proving that it works on a smooth surface, so I know your head won't get rusty  Laughing

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 18th 2015, 1:54 pm

Back to the Frontiergander lube!
Sorry for taking it off track.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 27th 2015, 6:42 am

I like the new container jon....all you need is a nice label....and will look very professional...good advertisement at the range...I like the way it prevented rust ..it may be a good storage product for me ..like RIG ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 12th 2015, 1:23 am

@Al-53 wrote:
I like the new container jon....all you need is a nice label....and will look very professional...good advertisement at the range...I like the way it prevented rust ..it may be a good storage product for me ..like RIG ...

Al, I just fixed the missing label the other day. It completes it now.
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 12th 2015, 7:20 am

Cool
Pretty classy looking label you have there buddy. At this point I'm ready to get rid of my mink oil. I have about 1/2 jar of the the MYSTERY LUBE 1 left. Let a few shooters try it last week end while I was at the range and naturally they made a mess of it. The 2 shooters that tried it really liked it after the 4th or 5th shots with their flint locks. I gave them your card.  From now though  I'll moisten their patches.
Looking good Jonathan. Best of luck with it.

Ray............ t up

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cosswald

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 13th 2015, 7:07 am

Am I missing Link to buy this???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

Number of posts : 5863
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 13th 2015, 9:28 am

If Jon doesn't contact you from your post, send a PM to FrontierGander.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kavar

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 13th 2015, 1:15 pm

can you tell me how to purchase the lube, reveek@verizon.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Neslen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 14th 2015, 9:08 am

Has anyone tried this lube on maxi-balls for accuracy etc or is it mainly a patch lube?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    June 14th 2015, 10:09 am

its mainly a patch lube and after cleaning lube. I'd have to add bees wax to the lube in order for it to be used with maxi balls. I dont like adding waxes to lubes as it just makes a nasty mess inside the bore.
Back to top Go down
org57

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    July 12th 2015, 7:40 am

Jon, this is Fred. Will this lube help prevent rust on my modern rifles, i.e. 30-06, 7mm? I live in Wilmington, NC near the beach with lot's of humidity and some salt  in the air as I am only 5 miles from ocean. Awaiting your reply. I am currently using RIG's inside and out of barrel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    July 13th 2015, 11:30 am

@org57 wrote:
Jon, this is Fred. Will this lube help prevent rust on my modern rifles, i.e. 30-06, 7mm? I live in Wilmington, NC near the beach with lot's of humidity and some salt  in the air as I am only 5 miles from ocean. Awaiting your reply. I am currently using RIG's inside and out of barrel.

Yes Fred, It can be use on new or old, centerfire or muzzleloader arms. I use it in the AK's, AR and even the mosin nagants we have.
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    September 11th 2015, 10:25 am

I just received my order of Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube this morning!  cheers Just in time too, because I'm heading to the range this weekend.  Will be doing a little patch & ball with my .58 & .54 percussion front stuffers. Hopefully will post results on the "The Shooting Range".

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
56 kodiak shooter

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    January 19th 2016, 5:21 pm

is this a good hunting in cold conditions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    January 19th 2016, 5:51 pm

Yes its a great lube for hunt weather.
Back to top Go down
RIFLE 57

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    January 22nd 2016, 10:52 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
Yes its a great lube for hunt weather.
I ordered some of your patch lube and a bottle of Buckskinners we will give it a try.
    Thanks Loren
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RIFLE 57

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    January 29th 2016, 11:53 pm

Hey Jon I got my lube today thanks Loren
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    January 30th 2016, 12:02 am

thanks Loren, glad it arrived safely! Let me know how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    February 13th 2016, 11:24 am

Just asking yet another dumb question.  I have always used patches pre-lubed with Wonder Lube.  Seems to work OK.  What is the difference / advantage of this new lube?  Must be something cause all you guys are raving about it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    February 13th 2016, 12:00 pm

Its a better lubricant than bore butter/wonder lube. Its truly a lube that keeps rust out of your barrel, doesnt melt into a gooey mess on a warm day like BB/WL.

Read up on the basic BB/WL stuff.
https://user.xmission.com/~drudy/hist_text-arch5/msg00973.html

I've had to many bad experiences with that stuff, along with other lubes. Hunting in the snow or foggy weather always left my bores rusty by the end of the day. You can only take so much before you are forced to find something that works for you.

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
Old Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    February 13th 2016, 3:26 pm

I'll give the link a read.  I've not hunted in the nasty weather with BP, so don't have that experience.  However, when hunting in snow and rain with centerfires I always us barrel rubbers over the end to keep any moisture out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    February 13th 2016, 5:02 pm

That WAS an interesting read indeed.  Thanks for the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    

Back to top Go down

Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Classifieds :: Frontier's - Gun Care & Lubricants :: Frontier's Patch Lubricants-
Jump to: