Share | 

Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MattRaymond

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    February 24th 2016, 5:24 am

I'll chime in on the Frontier paste lube.  I bought a container of it a few weeks back along with some "shoot out" bore enhancer.  I haven't been shooting BP that long but have tried many different patch lubes in my rifles.  I will say that the Frontier paste lube seems to be the most accurate lube I've used so far.  I started out with a new Lyman GPR and, like most of us, started with bore butter.  It shot pretty well with bore butter right out of the box.  After awhile I started using TOW mink oil.  That was even better! Then along came Frontier lube.  At a recent shoot, I used the Frontier lube with excellent results. I don't know what's in it but it goes from an unusually sticky paste to the slickest liquid lube I've used yet, with a little heat.  It's not as easy to apply as mink oil when cold, but I've found that if you take a hair drier and heat the top surface of the paste, it turns the top area into a thin liquid.  Then just dip the patches until they soak through, and squeeze out any excess.  I can lube a few dozen patches in about one minute this way, and they are totally impregnated with lube.  Left at room temp, they will set back up again in no time.

I like the Frontier lube a touch better that mink oil due to the fact that it's really slippery when liquid and contains anti-rust oils.  As a side note, clean up was pretty easy afterwards as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14636
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    May 7th 2016, 4:19 pm

Guys, just wanted to let you all know that instructions on lubing your patches is now on TOP of the jars! I will also be doing  videos on lubing your pre cut patches, strip patches and applying to your gun for rust protection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    September 1st 2017, 1:07 pm

Received my Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube order today.  Very prompt service!! 

Thank you Jon & Stan

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1603
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    October 10th 2017, 7:50 pm

Jon stays on top of his shipping which we all thank him for.

PostSubject: Re: Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube    

Back to top Go down

Frontier's Anti Rust & Patch Lube
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Classifieds :: Frontier's - Gun Care Lubricants :: Frontier's Patch Lubricants-