Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 8th 2015, 5:00 pm

t up
Got my .58 cal out and got her ready for the trip to the range in the morning. Hope the weather holds and it rains before I get there. Looking forward to shooting this canon again. I'm not going to use full charge, 90 grains, but I'll use 60 or so. I'll be shooting a .570 ball with a .015 or .018 patch that I rubbed in mink oil and lastly, CCI Caps.
Going to try and get good enough with her so I can hunt with her this deer season. We'll see how it goes. 

Ray.............. :rtup

A bit of info gents. Before last deer season I had applied mink oil to around 60 or 70 patches. I keep them in a plastic tube the size of the patch with a snap off cap. I wanted you to know that all the patches were just as moist today as they were last Sept. Not one dried out. They were still really moist. 
Now I'm waiting for Jonathan's Mystery Lube so I can put it thru a bunch of shit to see how it holds up.  It could very well be better then mink oil. Jonathan is pretty good about what he does so this lube of his could be the cats ass Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sqezer

Male Number of posts : 1731
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 8th 2015, 5:34 pm

@hawgslayer wrote:
t up
Got my .58 cal out and got her ready for the trip to the range in the morning. Hope the weather holds and it rains before I get there. Looking forward to shooting this canon again. I'm not going to use full charge, 90 grains, but I'll use 60 or so. I'll be shooting a .570 ball with a .015 or .018 patch that I rubbed in mink oil and lastly, CCI Caps.
Going to try and get good enough with her so I can hunt with her this deer season. We'll see how it goes. 

Ray.............. :rtup

A bit of info gents. Before last deer season I had applied mink oil to around 60 or 70 patches. I keep them in a plastic tube the size of the patch with a snap off cap. I wanted you to know that all the patches were just as moist today as they were last Sept. Not one dried out. They were still really moist. 
Now I'm waiting for Jonathan's Mystery Lube so I can put it thru a bunch of shit to see how it holds up.  It could very well be better then mink oil. Jonathan is pretty good about what he does so this lube of his could be the cats ass Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Good luck Ray, make sure you stand upwind of the shit. headslap Deadhorse

.45 Knight Disc Extreme MHSDE SS composit stock
.50 Knight Mountaineer Laminated stock
.50 Knight Disc Elite
.50 Knight Disc Extreme X 3
.50 Knight Long Range Hunter
.52 Knight Disc Extreme Winter Camo stock
.45 CVA Apex & 7mm-08
.50 CVA APEX
.45 CVA MagHunter X 5
.50 CVA Buckhorn Mag X 4
.50 CVA Wolf Shorty
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sqezer@yahoo.com
Al-53

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2014-12-09

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 8th 2015, 6:34 pm

thats a good name for it Ray....cats ass  patch lube..I am sure that his lube will be good...he has tried a 100 different ones so far....so he would know if his is good....and Ray I am sure you will put it through the test....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 9th 2015, 6:28 am

RAINED OUT Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rained all night here and forecast is rain for later this morning up North. Have to wait until next week end to dirty the Hawken. I've got to work up there next weekend, R/O, no matter what the weather.

Ray.............

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 9th 2015, 6:35 am

Sorry to hear you could not get out...its raining here also..yesterday was 84 and right now its 40 outside and rain...hi of 60 today with rain....they are saying it could be a wet summer in Northern  parts of the country this summer...it is showing rain here for next 4 days...and cool...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 9th 2015, 6:37 am

WEATHER SUCKS AL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Ray

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-53

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 9th 2015, 7:13 am

I know ray..we had 97 inches of snow this year broke records...now the temps are up and down like a roller coaster and probally have 40 inches of rain for the summer...and hot and cold days....we need 72* all year with rain once a week and low humidity..where can we order this weather...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
biddler2

Male Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2011-11-14

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 12th 2015, 1:23 pm

I think you need to order some San Diego weather Al-53

hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 12th 2015, 3:30 pm

I've got to work this weekend at the range and perform my R/O duties but if it's not busy I'll be able to shoot my hawken. If that's the case I'll be checking out the MYSTERY LUBE that Jonathan got going. I'll be letting the traditional shooters try it out and get their opinions and then I'll let Jonathan know the out come. I'll be testing the hell out of it myself and I'll post my results.

Ray......... :rtup

It's not supposed to rain. Hope the weather holds Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15274
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 12th 2015, 5:49 pm

Good luck Ray! Its raining here again. My plot already needs mowed as its up to my dogs belly already. Im not complaining!

Lube the patches heavy too. You can experiment and see how things do. Normally by shot 3 or 4, they start loading really easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   May 13th 2015, 10:35 am

Thanks Jonathan. I will rub in a generous amount. Thanks for the sample to try and pass around at the range. Will let you know how it goes.

Ray............. :rtup

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........   

Back to top Go down

TRADITION TIME IN THE MORNING..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: