Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Ballistol and its uses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cowboys1062

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-02-15

Ballistol and its uses Empty
PostSubject: Ballistol and its uses   Ballistol and its uses EmptyMay 11th 2015, 9:48 pm

I have never used Ballistol and only know what I've read about the stuff. I heard during WW1 the German Army used the stuff on their weapons to maintain and keep the rust away. I've read on other forums that alot of guys swear by it when cleaning their muzzleloaders. I heard that it could be diluted with water during cleaning. I also heard that it wont hurt the outter surfaces of the muzzleloader and can be used to wipe down the out side of the entire muzzleloader. How well does it clean and how well does it protect from rust. As of now I use Birchwood Casey's Barricade for a final coating to protect my bore after initial cleaning and for long term storage. I have never had any rust issues or any other problems. I was just wondering if Ballistol would be just as good or better? Does anyone else use Ballistol on their muzzleloaders and for what purposes? Thankyou, Respectfully, cfowboys1062.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10397
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Ballistol and its uses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistol and its uses   Ballistol and its uses EmptyMay 12th 2015, 6:05 am

I've used it for decades as a rust preventive. Not really to clean. It depends on what powder you're using?

You're Barricade is a better rust preventative, so I wouldn't switch.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down

Ballistol and its uses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: