AuthorMessage
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3701
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 6:46 pm

headslap
Today started out really shitty. Rain then drizzle. Dark clouds rolled in and if I wasn't scheduled to work the range today I probably would have stayed home. Range opens at 0900. It rained off and on until 10/10:15 or so and then the sun came out and it turned into a steam bath. Thank God for my Therma cell.  Lots of kids today. The boy scouts were working on their shooting badges. When they broke for lunch I broke out my hawken. Now today isn't going to be a shooting bulls eyes day so before we get started I want everyone to know that.
........................... TODAY WAS CHECKING OUT THE MYSTERY LUBE THAT Jonathan concocted........................................ 
 First off I rubbed this lube in about 40 patches. 20 .015 and 20 .018 on WEDNESDAY. Today when I reached for the first one, it was just as though I had just rubbed the lube into the patch. NOTHING DRY THERE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Secondly, I left my clear plastic container with the patches right in the sun. NO PROBLEM THERE EITHER. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation 
Thirdly, I shot 18 .570 L/B's either with a .015 or .018 patch and NEVER HAD TO SWAB. I did remove the nipple 2 or 3 times to insure it wouldn't freeze up on me which if didn't. (That lube is walking in the footsteps of BH 209 when it comes to non swabbing). I was using 60 grains of Goex F2.
The target has 7 holes in it. The holes are low and high because I alternated the patches. The other 11 shots were at the 8" steel plate. I like the noise and to get swinging so I only shot from the 25 yard bench. Remember, today was checking out the lube day, not distance.
I posted a pic of my patches because I wanted to show if there was any tears or rips. I found a lot but only used these because these are the ones I picked up. Not because they were any better or worse then the other patches.

Jonathan, I give your MYSTERY LUBE----- :tup2 :tup2 :tup2 :tup2 UP out of five Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation (nobody is perfect buddy) Plus I passed out a few cards :rtup

Ray...............When I'm done with this jar I'll be buying a few jars. Today was a bad day to introduce this lube to the traditional shooters because a lot didn't show up because of the rain. There's more week ends coming up though buddy Wink

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14520
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 7:36 pm

Im glad it worked out Ray! I take it that the .018" patches loaded easier than the last time you tried them?

Thanks for handing out some cards. When you run low, let me know and I'll ship some to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 7:47 pm

Cool
It worked out fine for me all day in the sun and heat and didn't loose it's texture. The .018 went down the barrel with out a hitch. There was no difference in resistance from the first round to the 18th round. Down the road I'll probably switch to that .018 patch when I run out of the .015's.
I will let you know when I run low and we'll work it from there. It's good stuff Jonathan.

Ray............ Shooter

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 7:49 pm

by the way, the recovered patches look excellent as well, Especially the tick patches.
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 7:57 pm

Jonathan,

The tick patches, .018, are going to be better I think for my .58. Tighter seal and now with your lube, there is no fighting to get them down........and the cleaning wasn't all that bad either.

Ray............

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 7:59 pm

thats what i like about it. Hot water just melts it right out of the bore.
Back to top Go down
cowboys1062

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-02-15

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   May 16th 2015, 10:55 pm

FrontierGander, where can I get some of that patch lube? and can you tell us alittle about the stuff? I liked what I heard as far as the loading ease and being able to shoot so many shots before having to swab the barrel and the easy cleanup afterwards. Respectfully, cowboys1062.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... The Mystery Lube .............   

Back to top Go down

... The Mystery Lube .............
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: