Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

....... Range work Saturday ..........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

Number of posts : 3690
Registration date : 2009-10-01

....... Range work Saturday .......... Empty
PostSubject: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 8:50 am

Dunno
Hope the weather holds for Saturday. :tup2 I've got to work the range this week end which is fine with me. It's only a problem when it's raining or when there's 2 or 3 Boy Scout troupes working on their shooting badges. Then I can't shoot. Maybe I'll get lucky this week end and there will only be traditional shooters there.
Ordered some supplies from TOW and I hope it gets here today or tomorrow. Jonathan would be happy to know that I ordered some .020 dry shooting patches and I plan on trying them out with the MYSTERY LUBE if all goes well and they get here on time. I was almost tempted to buy some .575 L/B's and try them with a patch that would fit. I've got .010's, .015's, .018's and now .020's. I'm sure I could have found one that worked. 
My plan this season is to get really proficient enough and build my confidence with this hawken so I can take it 1st season and try to take a deer with it. That 1st season, the deer won't be spooked as of yet and my chances I think would be better. I was going to take my in line first but if I can get good enough to hit an 8" target at 75 yards, I'll be using the .58 cal. I've got the whole summer to practice........... headslap

Ray.............. Wink

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16318
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 8:56 am

:rtup Good luck Ray! Be patient and concentrate on that front sight and you'll get the confidence over time! It took me years and years of shooting and trying new things before I got it.

While you shoot, I'll be at a gun auction Tease
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 11:14 am

Mad

Jonathan
All I can say to you is, "STICK IT" Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Ray.......... Wink Enjoy yourself because I plan on doing the same. Cool

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 2:34 pm

That's nice that you help the Boy Scouts out when they're there, Ray.

I got up to NRA Expert at the Southtown YMCA when I was 12. It was a bad neighborhood even then and our Boy Scout troop had to take a city bus home at 10:30 on a Thursday night for many weeks. Every time I took that ride I wished they'd let us take the .22 single-shot rifles home with us with some ammo.
The Boy Scouts were the only organization around that would introduce a boy to shooting.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 3:47 pm

Have fun, Ray!

I've volunteered to demo shooting traditional muzzleloaders for several scout troops around here and even let the scouts fire it. But the Scout Masters and parents are up tight about liability issues and none have taken advantage of my offer.

Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16318
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 3:56 pm

muzzleloading should be a big part of the scouts IMO. I was only in the scouts for a year when I was young, then we moved and I never joined up again due to no one doing it in texas at the time, nor in southern colorado where I am at now.

Ron, I just packaged your lube. Going to be sent out tomorrow and my bet is that you'll get it on saturday or monday :tup2
Back to top Go down
RonC
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
RonC

Male Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 28th 2015, 4:28 pm

Thank you, sir!
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Man’s Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, It’s Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

PostSubject: Re: ....... Range work Saturday ..........   ....... Range work Saturday .......... EmptyMay 29th 2015, 5:44 pm

t up
The .020 patches arrived in today's mail. Jonathan, I'm going try them tomorrow if I can and weather permits..... Hope the weather stays dry :Grace

Ray..............

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down

....... Range work Saturday ..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: