Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
able101

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 5:26 pm

To be used on Nitrite coated CVA ACCURA V2. Does anyone have a source for the nylon bore brush??? How durable is it?? do any cleaning solvents affect it????
thanks
Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 6:13 pm

Who suggested that? If the bullet can't hurt the surface a brush sure can't. The surface is so hard it takes special tooling to machine it.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 6:42 pm

www.cva.com they sell the nylon bore brush. I've been using mine for a couple years now without any shrinkage from wear-n-tear. They just hold up so much better than the bronze brushes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Remi

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 6:46 pm

Using the brush by itself or wrapping it with a patch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Standing Bear

Male Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 6:56 pm

I've had bronze brushes become stuck - very badly - when trying t reverse direction. Nylon brushes have not done that....yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 7:02 pm

They make bronze brushes that are made to reverse. More important in a sidelock than an inline.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5250
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 7:09 pm

Standing Bear wrote:
I've had bronze brushes become stuck - very badly - when trying t reverse direction. Nylon brushes have not done that....yet

This is the main reason to use nylon.

Never saw a bronze one advertised that the bristles will reverse, Pete. Please post a link to a supplier; I'd like to try one.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 7:12 pm

Scroll down to read about it. I have these brushes, and they do reverse.

http://www.octobercountry.com/msm-bore-brushes/?page_context=category&faceted_search=0

Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5250
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 9th 2015, 7:25 pm

Thanks for the link Pete.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hdvades

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-03-05

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    June 12th 2015, 1:23 pm

Brownell's sells nylon bore brushes. I have an order coming myself...50ML $10/3ea, 54ML $11/3ea and 58ML $10/3ea. Shipping was a little high, I'm going to call about that when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????    

Back to top Go down

It was suggested to us a nylon bore brush instead of metal brush????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: