HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
corey012778

Male Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   June 16th 2015, 7:12 pm

I decide I would to a sport rifle conversion to my nagant. BUT, I did not want to cut my stock, matching serial numbers. so I bought another stock and going to use it to do the work.

before I cut

after I cut off all but 1 1/2 in off the front

nose cap I am working on for it, may have to start over and go to the folks and use my dad's break to bend the front. or just cut the end off,

bad monkey  :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   June 21st 2015, 10:33 am

I removed the rear sight ramp. was a pain to do. placed a new scope back that locks on to the dove tail.

fitted the to new stock and rifle together.

now just have to figure out a forearm cap for the new stock, refinish, and do any other mods I need to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   July 19th 2015, 12:17 am

I have been really busy lately. my wife has been keeping busy. finally got a chance to get to work on my nagant stock.

I got working on the nose piece and finally worked on my home made removable cheek rest

first the nose piece.
glued and nailed three small pieces of wood to the end of the cut area of the stock

I cheated, I used a hand sander (has a
Quote :
pressure gauge) and 60grit, and carefully shaped the three pieces. added two more to the end of the whole thing, cut a barrel channel () only a inch but looks good.

start of the cheek piece. lot of shaping to go on it.

I am going to use wood putty on the whole nose pieces and doing a little more shaping too. going to try my handed at laminating the stock. either could not find wait I wanted or find something that I wanted to use locally so I ordered some.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
just-a-hunter
FML's
FML's

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2015-06-20

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   July 25th 2015, 9:40 pm

Will be neat to see the finished product.

Todd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   August 18th 2015, 6:10 pm

little update.

used bondo on the end cap to help smooth it out. also bedded the action, waiting for some 10mil tape to come in to bed the barrel.  going laminate the stock. so no refinishing the stock.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14483

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   August 18th 2015, 8:10 pm

I love the mosin, such a solid rifle and cheap to shoot and own. Mounting a scope the right way however can get a little costly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   August 19th 2015, 3:56 pm

I modded my scope mount and a little of the dove tail to make my mount more solid. have not got it out to shot yet. wanting to finish these stock.

the mod
cut a slot in the bottom of the mount to allow a screw to run thru the dove tail.
made a divot where the locking screw for the base goes. nothing really too hard.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PapaDiego

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   August 26th 2015, 4:31 pm

I love my Mosin. Some day I would love to convert one over to an Arch Angel stock. I always thought it was a respectful and effective rebuild.

Papa Diego
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant   

Back to top Go down

doing a sports rifle conversion to my nagant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: