Share | 

Can't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Can't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn   September 3rd 2015, 7:56 pm

Got a Benelli Double Bead, vented Rib Shotgun. I'm mainly using for Turkeys so yes I'm basically Aiming. I've tried Stacking the Bead and shoots way Low.

Ok on my other Shotguns I have my Cheek Low on the Stock, don't see nothing but the Bead, always did well, including hitting a Soda Can at 50 yard with  Slug.

Wondering on the Benelli not having my Cheek so Low on the Stock or sighting to where I have a space between the Beads which should bring the shot up?

Ok this is a nice gun just not worth a darn if I can't hit with it. Any ideas?

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oneshot 1

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Can't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn   September 5th 2015, 10:51 am

Ok took the Gun out with Turkey Choke, backed off 20 yards, changed the way I sight it. Used 2 3/4 Shells. Pattern was really too tight but it hit where I wanted it.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grago

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Can't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn   October 14th 2015, 9:20 pm

Sounds like you may have it where you want it now. I used to sight in a lot of turkey guns for people and still shoot a lot of tight choked guns. Most of the Benelli come with shims that go in front of the stock changing the shims will change the point of impact. I have killed a lot of turkeys in my life with open sights. Mostly used the tru glo pro gobble dot. It is a good sight if your gonna use open sights. You can raise the back sight farther up the ramp to shoot higher. Since I have gotten older and eyes not as good as they once were I have gone to a scope. If you want to just use a bead the taller the bead the lower you shoot the shorter the bead the higher you shoot. Good luck with it and good hinting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn   

Back to top Go down

Can't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: