Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cowboys1062

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-02-15

Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle Empty
PostSubject: Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle   Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle EmptyOctober 24th 2015, 5:56 pm

Want to change over sights on a CVA Hawken rifle. I have a CVA Hawken rifle that I would like to put Traditional sights on. I would like to put a Full Buckhorn or Semi Buckhorn on the rear, and a Silver Blade on the front. I have seen them listed on TOW. My problem is, I do not know what size to order? I have nothing to measure the dovetails on the barrel so can anyone tell me what size I need to order for both the rear and front sights? Respectfully, cowboys1062.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16318
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle   Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle EmptyOctober 24th 2015, 7:59 pm

That's the problem. All of the traditional buckhorn/semi buckhorn sights ive tried from TOW have sat waaay to low and left me with a front sight about as tall as a match stick.

This is the one you'll be wanting, but be aware, you will have to widen the dovetail on the barrel to the standard 3/8" or do a lot of file work on the sight dovetail itself. I prefer to do the barrel.
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/874/6/FS-TC-HB-TH
Back to top Go down

Traditional sights for a CVA Hawken rifle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: