Share | 

CVA Scope Base Information Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Landngroove

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-12-05

PostSubject: CVA Scope Base Information Needed   November 26th 2015, 8:34 am

I have a set of Leupold QR rings, not to be confused with Leupold QRW rings. The Leupold website lists a 2 piece QR base to fit CVA Apollo, and Eclipse, and Traditions. I am looking to see if this 2 piece set would also fit an Optima V2. Are the Apollo, and the newer CVA muzzleloaders drilled and tapped with the same spacing ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tony

Male Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: CVA Scope Base Information Needed   November 26th 2015, 4:11 pm

I don't think so. My new MR used a different base than my old wolf.  The newer CVA's use the CVA "rifle" base.  Hope this helps.

Harvester Smooth Sabot
100 gr. BH209-Win 209 Primer

Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 CDS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underclocked

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: CVA Scope Base Information Needed   November 27th 2015, 10:45 am

I cannot be sure without trying to actually fit some - but I think the two piece QR bases 52324 WOULD fit the newer CVA inlines.  So far as I can tell, the hole spacing at each mount position has remained the same.  The difference pre and post 2010 models is the separation between the two sets of holes (which should make no difference with two piece bases).   The only problem I can see with that QR base set is whether the screws themselves have in some way changed.

An email to Leupold support should provide a more definitive answer.   I like the Leupold QR base/ring setup but don't like the base prices.  That is one reason I prefer the Warne qd rings as one can almost always find a Weaver-type slotted base for most any firearm.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-qr-quick-release-bases.html?_iv_options[]=8444-123791&_iv_options[]=13-126531&_iv_code=LU-MT-BASE-QR-52324

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVA Scope Base Information Needed   

Back to top Go down

CVA Scope Base Information Needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: