Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

It was a good year on the water!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jlc378

Jlc378

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-12-05

It was a good year on the water! Empty
PostSubject: It was a good year on the water!   It was a good year on the water! EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 8:26 pm

This was one of my most memorable years fishing (short of being a little squirt myself fishing on my grandfathers boat).  It started out in April/May fishing for browns and then bluegill and bucket mouths in the summer/fall.  I got to spend a lot of time with friends and family that typically don't spend time in the outdoors, and shared some incredible moments (and fried bass) with them.

My dad owns some property and the DEC stocks just upstream every spring.  This presents a good opportunity to get my son out and catch small browns until he's bored.
It was a good year on the water! 1052
The look on a kids face when landing their own fish is simply amazing, you couldn't ask for a better feeling.
It was a good year on the water! 1031

6lb Brown from Cannonsville Reservoir in mid-May (took a while for the ice to melt this year)
It was a good year on the water! Trout1

'whoppers'
It was a good year on the water! 20150806_151808
It was a good year on the water! Whopper

Onto some of the LMB... Anyone who says you have to be quiet fishing hasn't brought a 3 year old out on a paddle boat.  He was banging, clanking, jumping around and tossing stuff in the water most of the evening and still ended up catching a 19.5" and 15.5".
It was a good year on the water! Bass5

18.5"
It was a good year on the water! Bass3

Bertha... no idea how long or how heavy.  I wanted a few quick photos and then this fatty went back into the water.
It was a good year on the water! IMG_0659

It was a good year on the water! Bass4

The weather was so nice this year, I was actually out fishing in my kayak until a week before regular firearms season.  A tad chilly, but had to take advantage of it.  Just wanted to share some memories Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10254
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: It was a good year on the water!   It was a good year on the water! EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 8:29 pm

Memories with our dad are the best ones.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
Jlc378

Jlc378

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-12-05

PostSubject: Re: It was a good year on the water!   It was a good year on the water! EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 8:35 pm

Yes, indeed.  Many, many years with my dad and grandpa fishing for salmon and trout and now onto about the 15th with my father-in-law catching bass, hoping to pass it along with my little guy.  He wants to go but it's tough to keep a 3 year old occupied all the time (I need to get a few casts in myself every now and then).  I'm sure he'll have the same passion we do for the sport when he understands it more.  It's tough trying to catch a fish every cast so he stays focused.
Back to top Go down
Kentucky Colonel

Kentucky Colonel

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: It was a good year on the water!   It was a good year on the water! EmptyDecember 9th 2015, 10:04 pm

Looks like fun. Reminds me of my Great Uncle Elmer. 
He taught me to fish. His most important lesson? 

Enjoy the fishing itself... the joy is not actually in catching 
fish. A fine dinner is just an added benefit.

Your boy sure looks like he'll remember his dad like I 
still remember Uncle Elmer. I miss that old codger. 

(Loved fishing with my dad, too. But, he never learned how 
to fish. Smile For him, catching the fish was a 'failure is not an 
option' thing. And, God love him, he was terrible at it!)

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down

It was a good year on the water!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Fishing Forum :: Fishing-
Jump to: