Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10158
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 9:06 am

Monday I ordered some powder from Graf's. I saw no sign of it being shipped, so I just called them to check. They told me they were restricted to shipping 100 lbs a day, and mine will ship next week sometime. Must be some new law?

So, plan ahead if you need powder. It might take awhile.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quigleysharps4570

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 10:11 am

That will save someone some grief...thanks for the heads-up. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr1445

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 2:41 pm

i ordered from powder inc recently because graf's is an excellent source but i have always found them a little slow on the shipping end. my pi order was out the next day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 3:06 pm

True, but I wanted to try the Graf powder. I wasn't in a big rush.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr1445

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 7:23 pm

i was trying to get some powder in and work up some loads before the bottom falls out of the thermometer. so far the weather has held above the freezing mark during the daylight hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 7:44 pm

We've had a mild winter so far. I know that won't last.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 9:36 pm

Muley wrote:
Monday I ordered some powder from Graf's. I saw no sign of it being shipped, so I just called them to check. They told me they were restricted to shipping 100 lbs a day, and mine will ship next week sometime. Must be some new law?

So, plan ahead if you need powder. It might take awhile.

I read this and THOUGHT you meant YOU were ordering 100 lbs of BP in one order. 
I was like Man! I just do not shoot at THAT rate. Not wonder everyone has such tight 
grouping patterns. THAT is a LOT of practice. cyclops

I finally realized they were limiting their BULK Joint sales shipping to 100 per day. Smile

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 10th 2015, 9:54 pm

I couldn't afford that even if I could shoot that much.

At my peak when I was younger I shot 2 cases a year. Probably 5-6lbs a year now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kentucky Colonel
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 11th 2015, 6:35 am

O.K., I AM in that ball park! Very Happy

Florida Muzzleloaders Association 
Central Florida Muzzleloaders 
Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association
NMLRA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Neslen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 11th 2015, 8:31 am

Is the 100 pounds a day set by Graf or is it the maximum on one UPS truck?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 11th 2015, 8:45 am

I think it's more official than UPS, because they use FedEx too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 19th 2015, 4:33 pm

Quote :
Must be some new law?

Grafs apparently gets one truck per day. Each truck is limited to 100 pounds of powder.

Quote :
Black/Smokeless Powder for Small Arms
Black powder for small arms and Smokeless powder for small arms are very similar commodities. Both powders can be reclassified from Class 1 to Class 4.1, Flammable Solids. Furthermore, one vehicle cannot carry more than 100 lbs of Black powder for small arms or Smokeless powder for small arms at any given time.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVyu_53VWCTsA.ytXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1450596415/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.fedex.com%2fus%2fservices%2fpdf%2fHazmatShippingGuide.pdf/RK=0/RS=cge056p8Vc5_LHeI.DifFEGHmzM-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 19th 2015, 6:15 pm

I called them up to cancel the order, because I didn't buy the gun the Graf powder was for. I asked them again about the 100lb limit, and that's when he said it was 100lbs a truck. So, I asked you only get one truck, and he said no we get lots of trucks for powder. So, I have no clue what it takes so long for them to get an order out.

Now i've bought a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rrifle, and need black powder again. I think i'll order Goex this time, and won't expect a fast shipment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clyde

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 20th 2015, 9:08 am

Try the Olde Enysford your like Muley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   December 20th 2015, 9:15 am

I've tried it already. When Jon talks about using OE he's using my old powder.  Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder   

Back to top Go down

Small Warning on Buying Graf's Black Powder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: