Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?   January 3rd 2016, 10:21 am

Just curious....I have an extra CVA Hawken .50 cal. round ball barrel (1:66).  Would this barrel fit on other CVA muzzleloader stock models?  Or ONLY Hawken models?  Occasionally there's CVA stocks for sale other than a Hawken on various sites.  For example the CVA Plainsman and Frontier.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15281
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?   January 3rd 2016, 10:36 am

boy thats hard to say. When they dont fit, I just cut a new dovetail and im ready to shoot. I know thats not an option for most however.

Later tonight i'll grab the mountain stalker and try a 15/16 hawken barrel on it and report back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?   January 3rd 2016, 10:49 am

My barrel is a little more rare (or difficult) because it is 1" inch across the flats, the same as the .54cal. barrel.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15281
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?   January 3rd 2016, 10:51 am

oh dang it thats right. Let me see if the tenon at least lines up with the wedge key slot in the stock.

The mountain rifle can use a 1" barrel but the wedge key is in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Long Shot

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?   March 19th 2016, 4:15 pm

I have a 54 Bobcat and a 50 barrel that work as drop fit , but just got a CVA Hawken stock and the barrel wedge on the Bobcat are different. So I cut a wedge hole in the hawken stock to fit the 2 barrels I have. So I'll get another set of escutions and wedge to fill in the extra hole and it will look like a 2 tenon stock like some Hawkens. Long Shot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?   

Back to top Go down

Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: