NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   January 18th 2016, 8:09 pm

Shoot Out! Is a special patch lubricant. It is a patch lube AND a bore polish, all in one bottle. No more having to sit and polish a new,rough or pitted bore by hand! No more having to use lead conicals and having to swab between shots or shooting low pressure loads.[/center]

Shoot Out! allows the shooter to use their regular hunting/target loads that they are used to shooting. It is recommended however, that the shooter use as little as 20 grains of black powder/sub to get down into the breech as far as possible to help polish the bore where the powder sits, making for easier cleaning.

The shooter may also use a VERY TIGHT fitting patch on their cleaning rod, saturated with SHOOT OUT! to hand polish the breech end of the bore because we can get get every little bit of it, even with a little load like 20 grains of powder. Those that do not shoot patched round balls, can still use this product as described above.

Shoot Out! is a gentle bore polishing patch lube that was made to smooth out new and old barrels that may have scratches,chatter and light pitting. The actual patch lube mixed with our polishing media, allows the shooter to shoot round after round without ever having to stop to clean the bore out.

This is not a miracle polishing patch lubricant! If your abused barrel looks like a sewer pipe with a couple Thanks Giving meals stuck, You are much better off buying a new barrel or having it re-bored.

This is an excellent lube for lightly pitted barrels, along with scratches, burrs and rifling machine chatter marks. It will also do a great job removing heavy powder deposits the naked eye can not see.

If you use it correctly, you WILL notice the difference the next time you load up with your normal patch lube.

Recommended Stopping Point:

New Barrels - 20-60 shots (Inspect every 20 shots by fully cleaning -drying & oiling barrel)
Well used barrels - 40-125 shots (Refer to above info for best results)

This is our very first shoot test with Shoot Out! It is a brand new CVA Hawken .54cal and in the end, was shot 12 times without stopping to clean the bore out!  80 grains 2fg Goex was used along with a .530" round ball and .020" Patch lubed with Shoot Out! We can see scratches/smears and even chatter marks during the rifling process.

For an abused barrel test, I used my personal CVA Hawken .58cal which had tested many products over the past 3 years and shows it. I shot 18 shots with loads varying from 20 to 80 grains Goex 2fg, .562" round balls and .020" patches lubed with Shoot Out!

Directions

Last edited by FrontierGander on November 8th 2017, 3:22 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
MattRaymond

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   January 23rd 2016, 6:16 am

Any idea when this product will be available. I have two guns that I think would benefit from it's use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   January 23rd 2016, 11:33 am

about one more week and I'll have a limited number of bottles available.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

Number of posts : 5836
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 1st 2016, 10:09 am

A couple of questions about the lube, Jon.

Approximately how many shots can be made using an 8 oz. bottle? In other words, how much Shoot Out would be needed for about 300 shots?

Any idea on how much handling/shipping is involved so I can calculate the total price?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 1st 2016, 10:52 am

I'd say at least 600+ shots, if not actually in the 800 shot range with the entire 8oz bottle.

$4 Shipping for one bottle.

I'll be doing some video work to show how far the lube will go, how to properly lube each patch. Just little helper videos to give the best results.

In the end, I've added some agents to the mix which brings the polishing compound together when you shake it up, making for superb consistency in how much polishing comes out when you pour it into a container.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

Number of posts : 5836
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 10th 2016, 12:51 pm

Jon, when I used the Shoot Out as directed, my patches were too wet and wet the 20 gr. of powder under it so that I had to put some 4F under the nipple to clear it out.

Do you recommend a wad between the wet patch and the powder to keep the powder from getting wet? Or do you recommend squeezing the patch so that it's not so wet?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 10th 2016, 1:20 pm

No, just lightly squeeze out the excess lube before loading up. Sloppy wet patches generally will soak the charge, especially when its a tiny amount like 20 grains.

I should be able to make a video tomorrow with directions.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 11th 2016, 11:22 am

Video is up above guys.

As for lube #4 or 5, they are still in the works Wink

No seriously, I think I covered all the main areas as far as lubes go. For now anyway!
Back to top Go down
Clyde

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 29th 2016, 4:40 pm

Jon,

I don't shoot round ball but would this work on  a sabot or conical ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   February 29th 2016, 5:45 pm

You'd have to pour the lube onto a cleaning patch and do it the old fashioned way, By hand.

Even though you don't shoot PRB, patches and balls are cheap and with 20-80gr, they will shoot halfway decent.

Remember, the main focus is polishing out burrs, light pitting and any other unknowns in a bore. Accuracy will only improve as you shoot with this lube.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   March 2nd 2016, 7:39 pm

Must be nice to have a shooting range to in the back yard.  I don't have the bore cam so would you just do 20 shots on a new barrel ?

Last edited by BigAl52 on March 2nd 2016, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   March 2nd 2016, 7:45 pm

The new .54cal bore had a total of 12 shots fired and the rougher .58cal had 18 shots fired.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   October 19th 2016, 7:05 am

Ordered some of this and the anti rust patch lube last week. Looking forward to trying it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   October 19th 2016, 10:27 am

@457121 wrote:
Ordered some of this and the anti rust patch lube last week. Looking forward to trying it out.

If you are Patrick, I got your check yesterday and your package is on the table ready to ship out today. :rtup
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   October 20th 2016, 6:57 am

That's me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2372
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   June 11th 2018, 9:51 am

In just a little while Jonathan will show some pictures of before and after using this product on a GRRW.CA rifle.  :tup2

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer   

Back to top Go down

NEW! Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Classifieds :: Frontier's - Gun Care Lubricants :: Frontier's Patch Lubricants-