HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

.62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Butcher45

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-06-09

PostSubject: .62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"   January 27th 2016, 12:12 am

A guy on there living off the land in Northern Idaho (I think he goes by "Bear Claw"was showing off his .62cal smoothbore flintlock.....telling about how he could load it with shot for birds, and load a roundball for bear and keep himself well fed with that weapon.  It's bear season for this episode.

He sure did look proud of that rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14520
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: .62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"   January 27th 2016, 12:28 am

Yeah it looked well built. Sadly he didn't use it for his bear hunt. As high as that bear was in the tree, I don't blame him. Not a good way to shoot bear when the vitals aren't wide open.

Good show, I enjoy it so far.

Now those washington tree hippies on the other hand.... scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
John Neslen

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2015-02-28

PostSubject: Re: .62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"   January 27th 2016, 8:51 am

Not far from me lived what is considered to be the last true "Mountain Man". Sylvan Hart aka "Buckskin Bill". He made his own rifles, cookware, fort/defense tower in case the USFS tried to evict him. If I knew how to cut/paste I would post the link, but if you have time look him up on the net. One place is goidaho.com
Lots of history and a true Mountain Man!

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: .62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"   January 27th 2016, 9:31 am

John Neslen wrote:
Not far from me lived what is considered to be the last true "Mountain Man". Sylvan Hart aka "Buckskin Bill". He made his own rifles, cookware, fort/defense tower in case the USFS tried to evict him. If I knew how to cut/paste I would post the link, but if you have time look him up on the net. One place is goidaho.com
Lots of history and a true Mountain Man!

John
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXfpJCDkkPg

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14520
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: .62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"   January 27th 2016, 11:37 am

Good reading on that fellow. I have some old backwoodsmen magazines with articles and pictures of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"   

Back to top Go down

.62 Smoothbore Flintlock on NatGeoTV's "The Boonies"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: