HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cleanging with CVA "Barrel Blaster Quick Clean Patches"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Smoke

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Cleanging with CVA "Barrel Blaster Quick Clean Patches"   February 3rd 2016, 5:26 pm

Evening Gents!

I am seeking to find a good cleaning regimen for Triple 7 residue that does NOT include using water.  No particular reason, just want to find one.  I am curious know if any of you fine shooters of Triple 7 powder have such a method.  If so, what is it?

Also, I have found a produce from CVA that is in the title.  It is product number AC1687.  They have no discernable odor to give away what's on the patches.  I asked for and received a copy of the MSDS from CVA that says it is made from a "Blend of naturally occurring Generally Recognizable Safe Substances approved edible compounds"?   Rolling Eyes  Good grief.  Now there is a bit of useless information for you!  Thought I'd give those a try on a bare nail as I figure if it has water in it a bare nail will rust a tad overnight. So we'll see what we see and then know what we've seen.  Don't you see?

Any input appreciated.  I'll let you know what the effect the patches have on the nail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14522
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Cleanging with CVA "Barrel Blaster Quick Clean Patches"   February 3rd 2016, 5:34 pm

Most BP lubes and cleaners do contain water as its needed to kill and wash away the corrosive salts in black powder.

After using water, I follow up with a shot of alcohol and then either my anti rust lube or a good grade gun oil like Barricade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

Cleanging with CVA "Barrel Blaster Quick Clean Patches"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: