Share | 

Nagant M44

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Remi

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Nagant M44   February 17th 2016, 11:08 am

A few years back a colleague of mine brought me to his shooting range to let me shoot a rifle he often talked about, a Polish Mosin M44.  It was a blast to shoot, and seemed very well built.  When we got done I told him that if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know... fast forward to now.  He's from Poland and will be moving back there in the next year or so to retire and wouldn't ya know - he told me that I have first refusal on that rifle.  Based on what I've seen on auction sites and other sites I believe I'm getting a great deal.  The numbers are all matching, is in excellent shape, comes with the sling, pouches, and a bunch of ammo.  He also has a Russian version of it and said he'll just give it to me when I buy the Polish one (says that the Polish is much better quality so I may sporterize the Russian one, leaving the Polish one alone).  Anyway, I've seen a few posts on here about Mosin Nagants figured I'd throw in my $.02... I'll post pics when I have it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14469
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Nagant M44   February 20th 2016, 6:26 pm

the polish model is actually the best mosin you can buy. Best machining on the mosins.

You sporterize that polish model and it wont be worth very much at all LOL.

I have the hungarian m44 which is second best as far as machining goes, but man they are accurate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Remi

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Nagant M44   February 20th 2016, 7:54 pm

I hear ya - definately leaving the Polish one alone!  The Russian one might get some sporterizing though... He also has a Swiss K31 I may buy and some kind of Mauser from the same time period - not sure yet on that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceader savage

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Nagant M44   February 25th 2016, 5:57 am

some friend you have
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nagant M44   

Back to top Go down