Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Grafs 4fg powder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Grafs 4fg powder   April 14th 2016, 12:30 pm

Just inside reloading some powder tubes, but I have my Traditions Woodsman Hawken .50cal flintlock out on the 100 yard range with 80gr 2fg Goex and using some grafs 4fg for the pan that Pete gave me a couple years ago. Not impressed! I can hear the frizzen open before the rifle goes off. It seems a lot weaker than the 4fg Goex I've had since 2006 which lights off instantly. I've played around with more/less pan powder and nothing has help its super slow firing.

I still have a little less than half a can of 4f Goex, so that will be what I switch back over to once the day is over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10158
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Grafs 4fg powder   April 14th 2016, 1:51 pm

I bought the Graf's 4f when I bought the Goex 2F. They were out of Goex 4F, so I had no choice but to buy the Graf's. I didn't like it either.

I switched to using 3F for everything, and it was better. 4F is hard to keep in the pan while hunting. It finds the slightest little opening and leaks out.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Grafs 4fg powder   April 14th 2016, 2:53 pm

Man it is super slow! I switched back to goex 4f and took 3 more shots ( 1 was adjustment) and the group improved superbly and centered up. Gotta take a shower and head to PT at 4, so when I get back I'll edit and upload the pics from today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador

Number of posts : 5862
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Grafs 4fg powder   April 14th 2016, 4:21 pm

I use Graf's 2F and 3F and prefer it over Goex. However, I use Goex 4F because I've had the can forever, even before they started selling Schuetzen as their house brand.
I'm glad you let me know about the 4F.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grafs 4fg powder   

Back to top Go down

Grafs 4fg powder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: