Share | 

Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyde

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken   April 17th 2016, 12:38 pm

Thinking of getting one of these, actually trying to decide between it and a Lyman 54 Great Plains Hunter twist in the Pedersoli is 1 in 48 versus 1 in 32.  I had originally decided to go with the Lynam but they made the old Hawkens for Cabelas and i didn't like the quality the barrel was still in the white at the muzzle the sights were flimsy so I was second guessing myself anybody own either of these I'd appreciate some feed back thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw

Male Number of posts : 9568
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken   April 17th 2016, 1:00 pm

Apples and oranges. The GPH is a conical gun. The Pedersoli is for a PRB.

Quality is much better on the Pedersoli, but you pay for it.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14636
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken   April 17th 2016, 1:08 pm

The pedersoli hawken * the $440-450 version* is horribly cheap looking and feeling. They don't even have a lock panel, its just flush with the stock.

Much better with the lyman. I'd prefer the .54cal great plains with the 1:60 twist for patched balls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw

Male Number of posts : 9568
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken   April 17th 2016, 1:14 pm

I was talking about the real Hawken version at $1000. Not the Cabelas special.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Joe
FML's
FML's

Male Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken   April 18th 2016, 7:40 am

What is important to you in a nice rifle and your budget?  It's best if you can handle the rifles, put them up to your shoulder and carefully look over the fit and finish.  I've never owned a Pedersoli but have looked them over and they are definitely nice.  I have owned a Lyman (Investarm) Great plains rifle and currently do have a Cabelas Investarm .58 cal. flintlock Hawken.  The quality and fit and finish on them are very nice as well.

I haven't handled the $499 Pedersoli Hawken being offered by Cabelas, but as Jon mentioned, it looks to be their economy version Hawken so look it over carefully.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken   

Back to top Go down

Pederisoli 54 cal Traditional Hawken
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: