View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5406
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Eagle vs. Crows   April 21st 2016, 8:42 am

I went out this morning and heard a bunch of crows yapping just behind the house. They were all over the place .. about 12 of them. Some in trees and some on the ground but all raising Cain. I scurried back to the house to get a shotgun and walked towards all the racket. They didn't fly when they first sighted me (unusual) but shifted positions. I put the sight on the closest one at ~ 50 yards and shot. It staggered and weakly flew off with an injured wing.

Then the reason for all the Hell-raising flew off, a mature bald eagle. He flew right over me and the crows didn't follow because they knew what was waiting for them if they came close to me. He had a wing span almost as wide as a turkey vulture, definitely a mature bird.

I sure wish I could have swatted more of those crows. I don't care for them one bit. They don't like me much either, I've killed over 20 here over the last 4-5 years.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
falcon

Male Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Eagle vs. Crows   April 23rd 2016, 8:34 am

As a kid growing up in WV my passion was killing crows. They sat in trees just outside the range of my .22 long rifle. When i got a .22 Hornet they sat just outside the range of that gun. Then i inherited a pre-war Winchester model 70 in .220 Swift. Gun came with a 10 power Unertl scope.
Crows were in trouble.

Friends had a real live hoot owl. We would hang the owl cage in a tree that had a nest with baby crows. We would get the baby crows to squaking, then the owl would start hooting. Crows came from miles away. My brother had a nice 12 gauge Parker hammer shotgun that was deadly on crows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14680
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Eagle vs. Crows   April 23rd 2016, 10:04 am

a bald eagle in florida?! I never would have thought that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw

Male Number of posts : 9568
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Eagle vs. Crows   April 23rd 2016, 10:09 am

Yes, they have them. Not a lot, but some.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagle vs. Crows   

Back to top Go down

Eagle vs. Crows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Off Topic-Free for All :: Off Topic-Free for All-
Jump to: